Tuesday, January 25, 2011
I must say that this cold, dreary weather has me longing just a bit for spring and here are two items at the top of my shopping list. Now, I'm not much of a watch person but this torti shell watch from Fossil is pure perfection in my eyes. I think it's the perfect accessory to any spring and summer outfit. Next, I love all things Tory Burch and I love leopard accents...ta daaaa...Tory Burch's new leopard sandal, the perfect combination!
Saturday, January 22, 2011
What a delicious little find these shoes were....the beginning inspiration for a totally vintage vibe outfit.
|(Jacket - Anthropologie, Blouse & Pants - ASOS)|
|(Ring - Urban Outfitters, Necklace - Vintage)|
Friday, January 21, 2011
There are five things that every girl should have to keep her outfit looking fresh and crisp.
- Deodorant stains are no problem to remove with this handy little sponge from the Hollywood product line.
- Keep any part of your blouse/top in place or temporarily fix a ripped hem with fashion tape also from the Hollywood product line.
- A fabric shaver can make a worn piece of clothing look brand new by removing pills and fuzz.
- Lint brush. No explanation needed here I'm sure. I also like to keep a travel size in my purse and car.
- I feel so Martha Stewart with this one! I have a little vintage tin that I use to store buttons, stones, threads, etc from all my purchases. I label the package with the brand and type of clothing (blouse, pants, jacket). Nothing worse than popping a button last minute and having no replacement.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
I must say there is nothing more fabulous than that moment in a shopping excursion when you find that special piece that will make the outfit. Voila! Meet my most recent "moment". This lovely feathered belt was peaking out (almost positive that it called my name) from a new shipment box behind the checkout register at Urban Outfitters. I knew it must immediately be a part of my daughter's fall accessory collection.
|(Love the draping detail of the cardi)|
Start with a a light weight base piece such as I did here with the dress from Urban Outfitters.
- For mild weather, like the day we shot these pics, I styled with a cotton cardi and booties
- For colder days, throw on a boyfriend jacket and add tights along with riding boots
- For warmer summer days, add a skinny belt to accessorize the dress and a pair of sandals